Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh California...







The trip sucessfully kicked off, leaving Portland last Monday after a huge shin-dig in honor of our departure. We headed south (our direction of choice) and stayed a night at my mom's house; always fun, always tacos. Next stop: San Francisco to hang out for a few days, kick it in the city, eat a lot of really good food, frisbee golf in Golden gate park, avoid stepping in human poop... just the good stuff. Then on to beautiful southern California, got to love it- or do you? We have been staying with Aurora's cousin in north Hollywood, which is a trip... Aurora's cousin is an aspiring actress and very graciously took us out to her favorite club on Saturday night. Us three girls, Aurora, Claudia and myself, rolled up in old t-shirts and dirty socks- needless to say we were representing Oregon in a land of Barbie dolls. Yesterday I went and saw both of my Grandmas in their respective areas. This was my first experience driving on L.A. freeways, so I guess you could say I learned a lot, but also have a new ulcer. On the way into southern Cal Aurora drove, I sat in the passengers seat laughing as we topped the grapevine at 35mph in the truck lane. I think it is decided: we have the slowest car in California. Anyway, its been fun here, I can imagine how beautiful it must have been here before the masses arived... Its sunny today, about 65 degrees. Later today we are headed east to Joshua tree natl park to camp out and hike around. Then on to Arizona, chasing the sun...
Every day I am astounded by the generosity of people I barely know. Thank you to all and for all those to come.

No comments: